Best Hunting Rain Gear
Best Hunting Rain Gear: Hunters need to overcome many environmental challenges in their hunting adventure. Rain is one of the most challenging factors for any hunter while chasing big game animals. Proper rain gear will keep you dry and warm in heavy rain conditions so that you can hunt on that trophy animal.
Specifically designed rain gears come in various camouflage designs that allow you to blend with the natural environment. This gives you an edge over other hunters and allows you to hunt in all conditions. Some of these rain gears are also multifunctional meaning they can get used as shelter, tarp, or tent in emergency conditions.
All the best hunting gear listed below are excellent for rainy conditions and provide you with proper cover. You should consider the review along with the pros and cons of each product. We have also provided a buyer’s guide to help you pick the best rain gear. Read on to know more about best hunting rain gear and other related information in detail.
Best Hunting Rain Gears – Top 10 Review For 2021
|S.N||Product Name||Product Image||Dimension|
(Length x Width)
|1||LOOGU Waterproof Camouflage Raincoat||55" x 41"|
|2||Huncho Hunting Rain Poncho||86” x 55”|
|3||NEW VIEW Hunting Rain Coat||-|
|4||Auscamotek Camouflage Rain Poncho||94” x 47”|
|5||USGI Industries Military Spec Poncho||59” x 86”|
|6||ADAFAZ Water Resistant Hunting Suit||-|
|7||Frogg Toggs Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit||54” x 48”|
|8||Arcturus Lightweight Ripstop Nylon Poncho||54” x 48”|
|9||HOW'ON Waterproof Rain Poncho||59” x 55”|
|10||M-Tac Poncho Waterproof Rain Cover||83” x 57”|
LOOGU Waterproof Camouflage Raincoat is one of the best lightweight hunting rain gear. The material used in this multipurpose rain gear is 210T Ripstop Nylon+PVC Coating. These materials are non-toxic and eco friendly and will not fade even after a long time of use.
In particular, these adult-sized rain gears have dimensions of 55″ x 41″ (L x W), and they come with a quality storage bag. It weighs around 850g in a carrying bag. This multifunctional rain poncho can also work as a shelter, tent sheet, or sleeping bag. Woodland Camo, Green, Tree Camo are some of the variants of this rain gear.
Moreover, they have a neckline zipper that will allow easy access for some people. It is ideal for hunting, fishing, bird watching, bird shooting, and general camp out. Overall, LOOGU Rain Poncho Waterproof Camouflage Raincoat provides good waterproof performance and camouflage effect and is ideal for hunting purposes.
- Soft and comfortable
- No fading or aging for a long time
- Multifunctional as a weather tent, shelter, or a sleeping bag.
- Non-toxic and eco-friendly materials.
- Comes with a quality storage bag.
- A neckline zipper that will allow easy access.
- Waterproof performance and camouflage effect.
- Some users complained that it is not leak proof at sewn seams
Huncho Hunting Rain Poncho is an incredible rain gear that comes with a breathable zipper and chest pocket. The poncho has front and back ventilation zips that allow you to beat the heat and breathe and stay cool. It has a waterproof pass-through zipper that protects your backpack and is weapons-compatible.
In addition, there is an external chest pocket where you can store binoculars and other equipment. It also has a hidden inner chest pocket where you can also keep your maps and electronic devices. It has a dimension of 86” x 55” (2.2m x 1.4m) and is ideal for anyone between 6’6” to 5’0” in height.
Moreover, the poncho will drop down to your knees or ankles based on height. There is an expandable zipper for full head movement along with an internal drawcord. It also has extra padding around the neck for increased comfort. 5,000mm waterproof rating high-quality 210t ripstop taffeta comes with two layers of polyurethane coating.
Furthermore, this rain gear gets made from durable lightweight material that protects from outdoor snags. Sealed zipper seams for increased water protection and double-layered lining for extra strength. It also has six eyelets and four snap buttons on each side. Overall, Huncho Hunting Rain Poncho is super functional and perfect for any hunter and outdoor enthusiast.
- Breathable zippers and chest pocket.
- Front and back ventilation zips.
- Weapons-compatible, binoculars and other equipment
- An expandable zipper for full head movement.
- Extra padding around the neck for increased comfort.
- Comes with two layers of polyurethane coating.
- Made from durable lightweight material that protects from outdoor snags.
- Sealed zipper seams for increased water protection
- Some users complained about front zipper leak
NEW VIEW Hunting Rain Coat is a hunting rain suit that includes a rain jacket along with pants. There is a smooth-face polyester combined with brushed interior fleece. These materials make this rain gear water-resistant, windproof, along with breathable and thermal. The hunting parka pattern has an extremely realistic depiction based on natural vegetation.
Camouflage designs along with shark skin softshell fabric provide a great hunting experience. Likewise, there is a marked depth effect between the design’s foreground and background that lets you blend in the natural environment. 3D three-dimensional hooded hidden get expended freely.
Moreover, it is foldable and convenient and there is a zipper under each arm. Breathable Two-way full-zip front and elastic string at guard comes with adjustable magic pasted cuffs. Hunting suits are also quite well pocketed as there are 2 high chest pockets, 1 split-kangaroo pocket, and 3 sleeve pockets.
There are also 4 pockets for pants, 2 D-ring tabs, 4 interior cord openings, and 2 pen pockets/slots. It is ideal for outdoor sports like hunting, shooting, fishing, and others. Overall, NEW VIEW Hunting Rain Gear is a great rain gear with proper water resistance and other functionalities.
- Water-resistant, windproof, breathable and thermal.
- A smooth-face polyester combined with brushed interior fleece
- An extremely realistic depiction based on natural vegetation.
- Camouflage designs along with shark skin softshell fabric.
- A marked depth effect between design’s foreground and background.
- 3D three-dimensional hooded hidden get expended freely
- Foldable, convenient, and well pocketed
- Adjustable magic pasted cuffs.
- Some users also complained about bad customer service
Auscamotek Camouflage Rain Poncho for Hunting is a US military multi-function poncho. It comes with lightweight durable water-resistant PU coated ripstop material. It can also get used as a hunting blind emergency shelter tent tarp or as a picnic blanket.
You can wear a golf cap or trucker hat as there is a large space hood. There is a folded compact size and you can put it into the camouflage pouch. It has a one size fit and loose design. 100% ripstop nylon with polyurethane coated materials makes this poncho durable and lightweight at just 12 oz.
Furthermore, it can get fully extended 94 inches by 47 inches. This rain gear is of compact packing size and you can keep in a daypack or assault backpack. Overall, Auscamotek Camouflage Rain Poncho is one of best hunting rain gear available in the market.
- Lightweight durable water-resistant PU coated ripstop material.
- Can also get used as a hunting blind emergency shelter tent tarp.
- A large space hood so that you can wear a hat.
- Compact size and you can put it into the camouflage pouch.
- It has a one size fit and loose design.
- 100% ripstop nylon with polyurethane coated materials makes it durable
- Lightweight at just 12 oz.
- Can keep in a daypack or assault backpack.
- Some users complained about leaking of rain gear
You may also like:
- Best Lightweight Tripod for Backpacking in 2021
- 2020 Reviews Best Scope for Elk Hunting
- Best Hunting Backpacks with Gun and Bow Holder
USGI Industries Military Spec Poncho is a multi-functional poncho that keeps you dry at all times. In addition, it features multiple features that protect you from the outdoors while hunting, fishing, camping, and other situations. Likewise, it is also based on field gear from the US Military and has a 210T high-density Rip-Stop Polyester with polyurethane coated fabric. It also has a 3000mm water resistance rating.
210T fabric minimizes crinkle and rubs noise that makes it ideal for binoculars This rain gear is 59 inches wide by 86 inches total length along with a total weight of 18 oz. A secure, comfortable fit due to an adjustable drawstring hood with a hood neck opening diameter of 9 inches. Moreover, it also includes a waist drawstring with an extra 16 inches of adjustability.
Moreover, 8 heavy-duty metal grommets secure liners and provide added insulation. It also facilitates tie cord connections that can get used as a survival shelter, sun canopy, carries a satchel, emergency carry litter, tent divider, hammock cover, beach blanket, concealment blind, and others.
- A multifunctional poncho that keeps you dry at all times.
- A 210T high-density Rip-Stop Polyester with polyurethane coated fabric
- 3000mm water resistance rating.
- 210T fabric minimizes crinkle and rubs noise.
- A secure, comfortable fit due to adjustable drawstring hood.
- 8 heavy-duty metal grommets secure liners and provide added insulation
- Some users complained about product’s quality
ADAFAZ Water Resistant Hunting Suit is an incredible camouflage suit that is perfect for your hunting adventures. They have shark skin softshell fabric as their material and comes with a warm inner fleece. It is water-resistant, windproof, breathable, and thermal.
There are many pockets in various areas including 2 high chest pockets, 3 sleeve pockets, and 2 zipper back pockets. It also includes a forearm pocket on the left arm where you can keep keys, and small accessories. There are hook & loop adjustable wrist cuffs along with a drawstring waist.
Moreover, it also has a large patch on both arms. The high-quality Dintex softshell fabric of this best hunting rain gear also comes with watertight seam-sealed construction. The 3D drawstring design of the hood can get rolled up as a collar. Besides, it fits well with the body and blocks the wind and keeps your head & body warm.
- Shark skin softshell fabric with a warm inner fleece.
- Water-resistant, windproof, breathable, and thermal.
- It also has a large patch on both arms.
- High-quality watertight seam-sealed construction.
- 3D Drawstring design of the hood can get rolled up as a collar
- Fits well with all types of body
- Blocks the wind and keeps your head & body warm.
- Some users complained about sizing and fit
Frogg Toggs Waterproof Breathable Rain Suit is a 100% Polyester made imported rain gear ideal for a hunting adventure. It is an all sport rain suit including a jacket and pant made from breathable, non-woven fabric. Also, these fabrics make the rain gear wind-resistant, waterproof, and lightweight.
There is an adjustable, removable hood and a full-length open-waist design. Likewise, a snap-down storm flap and elastic cuffs cover the jacket zipper and keep you dry. There is an adjustable, elastic waist in pants and fully tapes and sealed seams. Moreover, it also has a full-length parka cut.
Moreover. raglan sleeves of this rain gear provide a greater range of motion. Meanwhile, there is an E-Z push cord that locks elastic cuffs on the waists. Pants also have fully taped and sealed seams and adjustable, elastic waist. Hence, there are adjustable leg openings and 4-panel cut and straight leg design in this incredible rain gear.
- 100% Polyester made imported rain gear.
- Made from breathable, non-woven fabric.
- Wind-resistant, waterproof, and lightweight
- A full-length parka-cut, open-waist design
- A snap-down storm flap and elastic cuffs cover the Jacket zipper
- Fully taped and sealed seams
- Adjustable, elastic waist and leg openings
- Some users complained about the quality control
Arcturus Lightweight Ripstop Nylon Poncho is an imported super lightweight and compact rain gear at only 11oz. It can be packed down into 8″x4″ bags. It has an extra large hood so that you can wear a baseball cap under the hood.
This hunting gear has a dimension of 54″ wide x 48″ long. It will cover the knees of a 6′ person. It is quite strong and waterproof with 210T Ripstop Taffeta material and 2 layers of waterproof polyurethane coating. Besides, this multifunctioning rain gear is ideal for backpackers. In addition, it can also get used as a tent, lean-to shelter, or ground tarp.
Furthermore, there are steel grommets included in this rain gear as well. Overall, the Arcturus Lightweight Ripstop Nylon Poncho is a worthy addition to this list of best hunting rain gear.
- Super lightweight and compact rain gear.
- Extra large hood and extra long length.
- Strong and waterproof with 210T Ripstop Taffeta material
- 2 layers of waterproof polyurethane coating
- Multifunctional use as a tent, lean-to shelter, or ground tarp.
- Some users also complained about customer service
HOW’ON Waterproof Rain Poncho is an ideal rain gear for hunting, fishing, camping, and all other outdoor activities in general. 100% Rip-Stop Waterproof Polyester Material makes for a durable yet lightweight rain poncho. It is quite hard wearing and durable.
There is a quality storage bag that provides added protection as you can open and spread rain poncho. It is easy to carry affordable rain poncho. Especially, there is a metal eyelet in each of the 4 corners that allows you to lay the poncho out flat. Similarly, you can also hang the poncho over a branch or some rope for a shelter.
Furthermore, the poncho’s hood is not big so it does not get blown off with a gust of wind. Also, there is the zippered section that makes it easier to put on and close and the 2 draw stings. Overall, the HOW’ON Waterproof Rain Poncho will provide you with water-resistant coverage for a hunting adventure.
- Ideal for Hunting, fishing, camping, and all other outdoor activities.
- 100% Rip-Stop Waterproof Polyester Material
- A durable yet lightweight rain poncho.
- It is quite hard wearing and durable.
- There is a quality storage bag that provides added protection.
- Easy to carry affordable rain poncho.
- The zippered section makes it easier to put on.
- Some users complained about its quality of the product
M-Tac Poncho Waterproof Rain Cover is a multifunctional rain gear that you can also use as a shelter tent, blanket, a tarp, or sleeping bag. It has a dimension of 83 x 57 inches that is big enough for a full-size backpack. 100% Nylon Rip-stop material makes it breathable, wear-resistant fabric, and durable.
Furthermore, there are metal grommets with cord, and cuff buttons. It is ideal for backpacking hunting, hiking, camping, and others. Similarly, the rectangular-shaped poncho has a nylon carrying case. There are cords in eyelets in edges for pulling it like a tent. In addition, it also has buttons on the sides for wearing like rain covers.
The volume gets regulated by a cord on the inside of the rain poncho. Overall, the M-Tac Poncho Waterproof Rain Cover is a great addition to this list of best hunting rain gear.
- A multifunctional rain gear
- Breathable, wear-resistant fabric, and durable
- There are metal grommets with cord, and cuff buttons to use as shelter
- Ideal for backpacking hunting, hiking, camping, and others.
- Has a nylon carrying case.
- There are cords in eyelets in edges for pulling it like a tent
- Has buttons on the sides for wearing like rain cover
- The volume gets regulated by a cord
- Some users complained about the leaks in seams
Buying Guide for the Best Hunting Rain Gear
The materials of rain gear are one of the most important factors that you should consider before buying the best hunting rain gear. Each material performs differently under the rain like Polyester, for example, is strong and abrasion-resistant. It retains its shape, maintains warmth, and keeps rainwater out.
Polyester is less breathable than any other material since it does not allow as much air through it. Hence, it is best for outer layers as polyester locks out water, and it is quite waterproof. Similarly, breathable materials should be close to your skin because you will sweat a lot during your hunting adventure. Therefore, Light fleece is flexible, and comfortable as an inner layer and feels great on your skin.
Some brands even create a special trademark technology that gets extended to make your hunt easier. Some special fabrics also conceal the sound of water so that your prey will be less aware of less aware and of movements you make. Hence, the material for the best lightweight hunting rain gear is an essential factor that you must consider.
Seam protection and quality
The openings on the clothing are also an important part of rain gear as they protect you from rain and wind. The seam protection in rain-resistant hunting gear stops water from seeping into your inner layer. There are zippers, special vents, or removable hoods in these layers of rain gears.
Some rain gears have flaps concealing the seams that will deflect water over or away from the seam to keep your inner layers dry. Also, make sure these flaps don’t tear and are of exceptional quality. Make sure your seams are well guarded and you will keep dry much longer. Hence, seam protection and quality are quite important for water resistance in these rain gears.
Hunting might take you places that require extra warmth. Getting a rain gear with insulation depends where you plan to hunt or your favorite hunting grounds. Moreover, if you hunt in a humid area, you should not get insulated rain gear as they will make you sweaty and hot.
However, in cold climates, hunting with insulation is quite important. Extra insulation keeps your core warm and protects you from cold air and water. Also, there are also special zippers that allow you to take the insulation out when not required. So, you should pick rain gear for hunting with or without insulation based on climate and hunting season.
The weight of your rain gear is another important factor that deals with the level of personal comfort. Heavily weighted rain gear is generally warmer than lightweight rain gear but they also make movement difficult. Additional insulation, pockets, or hoods make rain gears heavy because of more material.
Lighter-weight rain gear provides rain protection without any additional features but makes it easy to move. This decision to get lightweight or heavyweight rain gear depends upon whether you will move a lot while hunting or not.
Camouflage colors help reduce the chances of animals detecting you while hunting. By using camouflage colors, you will blend into your surroundings with ease. Likewise, you need to consider the environment you are hunting, before getting a camouflage pattern and color. A treeline lush vegetation environment requires color variations from light green to dark green.
It comes with patterns resembling the greens from trees and bushes. Digital or Flecktarn patterns are ideal in these vegetations. The forest canopies environment requires camouflage colors of gray to dark brown that resembles tree bark or dead branches. Moreover, in an environment with less vegetation or desert, you should choose camouflage colors that match the surroundings.
Hunting rain gear is essential equipment for any avid hunter. I hope this article has answered the question, what is the best hunting rain gear? These rain gears for hunting will provide you with complete coverage during rainy conditions. All the rain gear listed above is of exceptional quality and you can choose any one of them listed above.
However, if I had to choose one, I would select the LOOGU Waterproof Camouflage Raincoat. It is an incredible raincoat with high-quality 210T Ripstop Nylon+PVC Coating. These materials are non-toxic, eco-friendly, and durable. Also, this multifunctional rain poncho comes in different variants woodland camo, green, tree camo, and others.
Besides that, you can choose any one of the items as all of them to provide good waterproof performance. In addition, they are also in camouflage variants and are ideal for a hunting adventure.