Best Bushcraft Knife Under 100 Dollar
A bushcraft knife is an essential tool that must-have in your survival toolkit. A proper functioning knife is a survival tool that will keep you safe and helps you tackle any kind of emergency. Moreover, Backpackers have found a bush knife to be their choice of weapon in times of danger.
A bushcraft knife is perfect for self-defense purposes as well. It is essential to learn about material, style, design, length, and other factors to get the best use of a bushcraft knife. The good quality knives also help you in chopping small pieces of wood in the wild.
In fact, when you are in the wild, you will require the right tools for your survival. You will be away from settlements, hence, emergency and medical attention may not be easily available. Hence, you should get the perfect knife that keeps you protected and safe at all times.
Higher priced knives do not necessarily mean better quality. Also, you can find the best functional knife under 100 as well. We have listed some of the best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars available in the market. Read on to know more about their individual reviews, buying guide, and other information in detail.
Top 10 Best Bushcraft Knife Under 100 – For 2021
|S.N||Product Name||Product Image||Weight (in Oz)||Check Price|
|1||Holtzman’s Gorilla Survival Bushcraft Knife||16|
|2||Morakniv Bushcraft Survival Knife||8.08|
|3||Off-Grid Blackcountry Blackout Bushcraft Knife||12|
|4||Buck Knives Fixed Blade Knife||10.7|
|5||GCS Tactical Survival Hunting Knife||12|
|6||TMBrands High Carbon Steel Bushcraft Knife||9.03|
|7||Schrade High Carbon Bushcraft Knife||20|
|8||Off-Grid Viper EDC Knives||4.08|
|9||KA-BAR Becker Fixed Blade Knife||16|
|10||StatGear Surviv-All Bowie |
Holtzman’s Gorilla Survival Bushcraft Knife is an incredible knife under 100. This 8.6″ long military knife is of premium quality. It has a 1095 high carbon steel 4.0″ blade that is razor-sharp. It is useful in chopping wood, cutting paper, aluminum, or plastic and it doesn’t go blunt at all.
Moreover, the smart design handle of this G10 camping knife handle gives you maximum control. Likewise, there is a 1.4″ wide beautiful orange lining that enhances accuracy. It has great functionality and comes with an anti-slip and great grip design. Furthermore, the K-Sheath in this knife comes with a Tek Lok and a Lanyard hole.
Furthermore, there is a flint rod with a G10 handle and the fire starter G10 Scraper. Similarly, the Allen Wrench of this incredible tool can hold in the K-Sheath. It is ideal for a hunter, camper, fisherman, or backpacker. Also, it keeps you safe, portable, and you can carry out anywhere. Overall, this outdoor survival kit from Holtzman is one of the best bushcraft knives under 100 dollars.
- Made of premium quality 1095 high carbon steel
- 0″ razor-sharp blade which doesn’t go blunt.
- Ideal for chopping wood, cutting paper, aluminum, or plastic
- Has a smart design handle.
- Has a 1.4″ wide orange lining that enhances accuracy.
- Comes with an anti-slip and great grip design.
- Comes with a Tek Lok and a Lanyard hole.
- It keeps you safe and is quite portable.
- Comes with a flint rod and the fire starter.
- Ideal for a hunter, camper, fisherman, or backpacker.
- Some users complained about build quality
Morakniv Bushcraft Survival Knife with Fire Starter is an ideal tool for hunting, camping, and other emergencies. The high carbon steel of this knife ensures durability even after long term use. Black knife comes with a 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade which is razor-sharp. It gets treated with a DLC black coating (tungsten) that ensures resistance against rust and corrosion.
The scandi grind of this tool protects it from slipping off. It gets into the surface and gets stuck without losing its sharpness. Likewise, the relatively thin blade of this knife is 4.3-inch (109 mm) long. There is a black plastic sheath in this knife along with a Fire Starter. The integrated diamond sharpener of this knife makes it easy to use and sharpen.
In particular, there is a belt loop with a plastic sheath that keeps the knife safe and secure. It is lightweight at 8.1 oz. (229 g). Also, the ridge ground spine is ideal for the fire starter. Besides, it can generate 7,000 strikes along with a 3,000-degree spark even in wet conditions. Therefore, the high-friction rubber grip of this ergonomic handle makes it ideal for maximum control and flexibility.
- High carbon steel ensures durability even after long-term use.
- Comes with a 1/8-inch (3.2 mm) thick carbon steel blade which is razor-sharp.
- It gets treated with a DLC black coating (tungsten)
- Ensures resistance against rust and corrosion.
- The scandi grind protects it from slipping off.
- The integrated diamond sharpener is easy to use and sharpen.
- There is a belt loop with a plastic sheath.
- It can generate 7,000 strikes along with a 3,000-degree spark.
- Has high-friction rubber grip with an ergonomic handle
- Regular oiling and cleaning with a dry cloth required
Off-Grid Bushcraft Knife is an outstanding construction especially built for extreme environments. It has a full tang D2 that comes with a Titanium Nitride. There are also a kydex sheath (quick clip included) and grippy G10 scales. This knife comes with a fixed blade and has an ergonomic design. It is perfect for camping, fishing, hiking, bushcraft, hunting, chopping, survival, and others.
Moreover, it is carefully heat-treated D2 blade steel with an HRC of 60 and is ideal for all tough conditions in the wild. A tough tool with corrosion resistance, outstanding edge retention, and comfortable wear. There is also titanium nitride that provides strength and durability. It is also generally used as a military or tactical, or camp knife.
Furthermore, the knife has a great grip and you do not require any gloves or kydex & quick-clip. The custom weatherproof kydex of this knife provides security and it does not rattle and move. You can strap it to your belt using the quick-clip. It is lightweight at 12oz and comes with a blade length of 4.5″ and a blade thickness of 4.10mm.
- An outstanding construction especially built for extreme environments.
- It has a Full Tang D2 that comes with a Titanium Nitride.
- There are Kydex Sheath (Quick clip included) and Grippy G10 Scales.
- Comes with a Fixed Blade and has an ergonomic design.
- Heat Treated D2 blade steel with an HRC of 60.
- Corrosion Resistance, and outstanding Edge Retention.
- Titanium Nitride provides strength and durability.
- It is also generally used as a Military or Tactical, or Camp Knife.
- The Knife has a great grip.
- Some users complained about quality control
Buck Knives with Fire Striker is another excellent product with a razor-sharp blade. The 420HC steel blade of this knife comes with a 4-5/8″ drop point. There is an edge retention feature along with corrosion resistance that protects the knife from rust and corrosion.
Moreover, it has an overall length of 9 and 1/2″ and is lightweight at just 7.6 oz or a 10.7 oz carry weight. The safe micarta handle comes with a steel bolster and a great grip. It has an improved hammer that is quite useful while you are in wild conditions. The 2-1/4″ fire striker along with a whistle is quite efficient in emergencies.
Furthermore, there is a nylon sheath (injection-molded) that you can use as a horizontal or vertical belt. You can use it to carry around in your adventures. There is a lifetime warranty on these knives as well. Overall, Buck Knives Fixed Blade Knife is one of the best bushcraft knives under 100 dollars.
- Excellent buck knife with a razor-sharp blade.
- The 420HC steel blade of this knife comes with a 4-5/8″ Drop Point.
- An edge retention feature along with corrosion resistance.
- The safe Micarta handle comes with a steel bolster and a great grip.
- Comes with a 2-1/4″ fire striker along with a whistle.
- There is a nylon sheath (injection-molded).
- Has a lifetime warranty.
- Some users complained about cheap build quality
GCS Tactical Survival Hunting Knife is an incredible bushcraft knife made of European materials which makes it quite durable. Besides, the highest quality handle made of leatherwork makes this knife safe and stylish at the same time. D2 Tool Steel of this knife ensures hardness and wear resistance.
In particular, this premium knife performs extremely well in all conditions. High-quality Micarta ensures perfect task capability and requires no maintenance. Also, the ergonomic handles of this knife fit perfectly and are ideal for long hours of use. The high-quality sheath of this leather allows you to carry it linearly along a belt or strapped to a bag.
Furthermore, this quality and materials provide you optimum control of this GCS Tactical survival hunting knife. Also, this full tang razor-sharp knife is vacuum hardened at 59HRC. There are aluminum rod pins and high polished stainless bolsters along with brass tube lanyard holes. In sum, it has a 10″ overall length along with a 5.25″ blade.
- Made of high-quality European materials.
- The highest quality handle made of leatherwork makes this safe and stylish.
- D2 Tool Steel of this knife ensures hardness and wear resistance.
- High-quality Micarta ensures perfect task capability and no maintenance.
- The high-quality sheath of this leather makes it quite portable.
- Vacuum Hardened at 59HRC.
- High polished stainless bolsters along with brass tube lanyard holes.
- Some users complained about being one-handed only
TMBrands Steel Bushcraft Knife gets made up of carbon steel ideal in hunting or camping gear sets. This incredible knife cuts through various food items like meat, fruit with ease. Carbon steel pocket knives are a practical gift for an avid outdoor enthusiast. This knife is highly durable and gets forged in fire.
It has an ergonomic design in its handle which makes it comfortable and easy to hold as there are belt loops and a leather knife sheath. These knives are a great fit for fishing equipment or any other emergency supplies. The high carbon steel of this knife is an HRC of 56±2 and comes with a Sharp Edge.
It provides you with durability and incredible performance. The blade length and total length is 4″ inch and 8″ inches respectively. This tool is perfect for camping, cooking, hunting, and other emergencies. Furthermore, the TMBrands High Carbon Steel knife is a worthy addition to this list of best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars.
- Made up of carbon steel ideal in hunting or camping gear sets.
- Cuts through various food items like meat, fruit with ease.
- A practical gift for an avid outdoor enthusiast.
- This knife is highly durable and gets forged in fire.
- It has an ergonomic design in its handle
- It’s ideal for comfortable and easy to hold.
- The high carbon steel of this knife is an HRC of 56±2 and comes with a sharp edge.
- Some users complained about cheap build quality
Schrade Knife is a high carbon fixed blade bushcraft knife that provides incredible quality at under a budget. It has a dimension of blade length of 6.4 inches (16.2 cm) and 12 inches (30.4 cm) overall length. Furthermore, it is quite lightweight at just 1 lb 6 ounces.
One of the major advantages of this knife is that it is quite durable as it gets made of high carbon stainless steel which is quite a reliable material. Meanwhile, it also has a grey, micarta handle which provides incredible grip and is quite comfortable and easy to handle.
This survival tool is quite dependable and has quick and easy access. It has a ballistic sheath which makes it perfect for EDC. Indeed, it has a secure blade that will not slip from finger choils and grooves. Also, this knife also has an ergonomic full tang design and comes with a lanyard hole.
- Provides incredible quality at under a budget.
- It is quite lightweight at just 1 lb 6 ounces.
- Quite durable made of high carbon stainless steel
- It also has a grey, micarta handle
- Provides incredible grip and is quite comfortable and easy to handle.
- Has quick and easy access.
- It has a ballistic sheath which makes it perfect for EDC.
- It has a secure blade that will not slip from finger choils and grooves.
- Has an ergonomic full tang design and comes with a lanyard hole.
- Some users complained about the uncomfortable grip of the handle
Off-Grid Viper EDC Knives is a well-built knife made up of D2 tool steel in its construction. It is heat-treated with an HRC of 60 which makes it quite tough and can sustain incredible wear, corrosion resistance, and long term use. It is also available in blackwash as well as stonewash finish.
There is a grippy texture of Micarta scales also known as snake scales. Besides that, there is a rock-steady grip that is ideal for all weather conditions including extreme heat, heavy rain, or dry weather. The customizable Kydex Quick-Clip sheath can get easily snapped and you can put it over your belt or pack either horizontally or vertically.
Furthermore, it is also compatible with the belt clip system. Full tang D2 is tough at 5mm thick and can tackle any beating at any conditions. The 5 inches length cutting edge and 4.5 inches handle with a full length of 9.5 inches are its specifications. It is lightweight at just 10.3 ounces (12.4 ounces with sheath).
- Made up of D2 tool steel in its construction.
- It is heat-treated with an HRC of 60
- Can sustain incredible wear, corrosion resistance, and long term use.
- Available in Blackwash as well as Stonewash finish.
- There is a grippy texture of Micarta scales.
- Rock steady grip
- Is ideal for all weather conditions.
- Comes with a customizable Kydex Quick-Clip sheath
- Compatible with the Belt Clip System.
- Some users complained about defects in the blade
KA-BAR Becker Fixed Blade Knife is an ideal bushcraft knife ideal for hunting and camping. The companion splits perfectly and is also ideal for chopping and skinning any food and vegetable items. You can secure it in the back of the sheath. In this part of the knife, you can press with your thumb which will release the knife.
You can lock the knife securely so that it does not come out unless you unlock it. The KA-BAR Becker Companion Knife is lightweight and comes with a 1095 cro-van steel blade. It is perfect for splitting, skinning, and chopping vegetables for your camping trip. There is a drop point blade that comes with a 20-degree angle.
The Grivory made handle provides a balanced grip which is ideal for any outdoor activity. The five and a half inches fixed blade in this ten and a half inches knife is quite sharp. The nylon sheath (glass-filled) of this knife keeps it sharp. This incredible knife gets made in the USA and is well built and tough for all outdoor activities.
- Splits perfect for chopping and skinning any food and vegetable items.
- You can secure it in the back of the sheath.
- You can lock the knife securely so that it does not come out unless you unlock it.
- Lightweight and comes with a 1095 cro-van steel blade.
- There is a drop point blade that comes with a 20-degree angle.
- Provides a balanced grip.
- The nylon sheath (glass-filled) of this knife keeps it sharp.
- Well built, tough, and made in the USA.
- Some users complained about build quality
StatGear survival is an incredible full tang knife that gets made of stainless steel. This knife is quite durable and tough that makes it ideal for outdoor activities. It also has a drop point blade that comes with a blade sharpening stone back of the sheath. This allows your knife to remain sharp and sturdy.
There is also a fire starter and cord-cutter in this knife. The cord-cutter is ideal for cutting minor chords so that you don’t have to take out a knife all time. It is a convenient survival knife with a high carbon 440 stainless steel. It also has a full tang along with a drop point blade.
Furthermore, it has a stainless steel pommel and it comes with a rubber textured handle. There is an integrated knife sharpener, heavy-duty belt sheath. The knife handle has a handle strap with a para-secure paracord (patent pending). It has a Blade of 4 inches and a Knife of length 9.5 inches. It is lightweight at just 7.5 ounces.
- Made of stainless steel.
- Durable and ideal for outdoor activities.
- Has a drop point blade that remains sharp and sturdy
- Comes with a blade sharpening stone back of the sheath.
- A fire starter and cord-cutter in this knife.
- Ideal for cutting minor chords.
- Has a high carbon 440 stainless steel.
- Has a full tang along with a drop point blade.
- Has a stainless steel pommel and comes with a rubber textured handle.
- There is an integrated knife sharpener, heavy-duty belt sheath.
- Has a handle strap with a para-secure paracord.
- Some users complained about it being heavy and dull
Factors To Consider Before Buying The Best Bushcraft Knife Under 100 – A Buying Guide
You must ensure that you should consider various factors, before buying any of these survival tools. These factors will help you get the best performance and service. Some of the best factors that you should consider before purchasing a best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars.
In fact, the blade material is one of the most important aspects that you should consider before buying a bushcraft knife under 100. Likewise, the blade of a knife must be able to handle in a high-pressure as it is quite important in wild conditions.
There are different blades material used in this knife especially including high carbon steel and stainless steel. High carbon steel is more durable and provides incredible strength. Carbon steel blades on the other hand are high-end and can handle extreme force and high-pressure conditions.
A carbon steel material also offers high strength and has high edge retention ability. They are also easy to sharpen and come with a rust protection corrosion-resistant coating. However, you should store the knife properly as well to protect it from rusting. Besides, stainless steel blades are rust free as well with high strength but comparatively lesser than carbon steel blades.
A stainless steel blade is perfect for a wet climate as they protect from rust. Hence, if you want a highly durable knife you should get a carbon steel blade. On another hand, if you want rust-free resistance as your priority then you should get a stainless steel-made bushcraft knife.
The handle material is another important factor that you should consider before buying the best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars. A rubber handle is quite common along with the polymer. In fact, a hollow handle means that there is a very high probability that it will not have a full tang which is essential for the best functionality.
Firstly, yuou should also avoid a compass in the handle as it can disturb your grip on the knife. To be more specific, it or any addition of a tool makes the task even harder. Having a hindrance is not ideal as the primary use of this knife is to cut things.
Also, there are also handguards in their handle so that you remain protected from the blades. Moreover, a pocket knife also makes use of a storage pouch. The hardness of handles also means good grips.
Fixed or Folding Blade
In sum, a bushcraft knife comes in either a fixed blade or folding blade knife. Additionally, a fixed blade knife gives you a lot of strength and can perform any high-pressure tasks. Also, a folding knife is smaller, portable and you can carry it around your waist pocket.
Furthermore, folding knives have lesser strength and durability but they are ideal for casual outdoor activity. However, the fixed blade knife is highly recommended as it is stronger.
A tang is a part of a blade made of a single metal that extends to the knife’s handle. Similarly, the best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars is one with a full-tang knife as it can withstand high pressure and extreme force.
A partial tang knife does not have the same amount of strength and durability. Specifically, the survival purposes knife generally comes with a full tang blade extending down to the base of the handle. In brief, a full tang provides power, stability, and strength for effective use.
The blade’s grip can wear off, hence, you should get the perfect survival tool so that you can have excellent features. Likewise, a higher price tag doesn’t always mean the best. Moreover, you should go for a balanced price tag and features.
Style and design
A straight blade design knife helps you in chopping wood. Sharpening a straight blade knife is simple. You can use a whetstone or a smooth rock to sharpen a knife. Besides, a serrated edge bush knife requires a diamond sharpener which makes it unfavorable in comparison.
Firstly, a blade length ideal in a bushcraft knife is 6 to 12 inches. Smaller bush knives are not effectively feasible in tough conditions like chopping wood and scraping bark. Ideally, you will do it with a saw or a hatchet, thus, having a great bushcraft knife is essential.
However, if you get a blade length above 9 to 10 inches, you will find it difficult to use. In the same way, the bigger size also means that it is more difficult to carry, use, and less portable.
Blade thickness might not be the most talked-about aspect when it comes to knives. The blade thickness of 3/16 – 4/16 inches is ideal for a reliable, and durable bushcraft knife. Moreover, this makes it ideal for wood chopping and prying.
In particular, the sheath is not the most important feature for a layman. However, the sheath has a great effect on the knife and how you draw it. Hence, a great sheath is essential for an ideal bushcraft knife.
An attachment piece end of the sheath with a clip point is necessary while using a knife. Also, it is because the knife needs to get strapped to your leg, or a backpack strap.
Belt and Lanyard Attachment
The sheath with a belt loop or a lanyard hole are some of the important factors that you should consider. Similarly, a spear attachment is also ideal with the bushcraft knife. Moreover, a crossover strap is a sheath with a handle that allows it to slide out.
Hence, you should consider these aspects while buying a best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars. Additionally, each knife comes with different features and qualities that are ideal in different outdoor conditions.
You may also like:
- Best Backpacking Hatchet
- Best Crossbow For The Money
- 10 Best Hunting Backpacks with Rifle or Bow Holder
In conclusion, a bushcraft knife is an essential tool for outdoor activities like camping, hiking, and others. Some of the best knives come in under a budget, which makes it a must-have survival tool. Again, all knives listed above are of exceptional quality. Hence, you can choose any one of them listed above as they provide incredible quality and exceptional performance.
Accordingly, it is quite tough to choose the best bushcraft knife under 100 among this excellent list. However, if I had to choose one, I would choose Holtzman’s Gorilla Survival Bushcraft Knife. This 8.6″ long military knife comes with a high carbon steel 4.0″ blade that is razor-sharp. Thus, it is useful in cutting paper, chopping wood, or others and it doesn’t go blunt at all.
Moreover, It comes with an anti-slip and great grip design. It is ideal for a hunter, fisherman, camper, or backpacker as it is quite portable. Overall, this outdoor bushcraft survival kit from Holtzman is one of the best bushcraft knife under 100 dollars. However, you can choose any one of the items listed above as well.