Best Tripod Stand for Bow and Deer Hunting
In this article, we are going to review some of the best tripod deer stand for the money.
A good hunting spot is one of the important factors that you impact significantly in your adventures. You will need to go to places with fewer trees while hunting for deers. Hence, treestands that take the support of tree trunks might not be a great option in such cases.
In these conditions, a tripod stand will help you immensely to get a good vantage point for your hunt. The best tripod deer stands are better than a traditional tree stand as it is more flexible, comfortable and you can set it up with ease. There is also a platform or comfortable seat where you can sit and wait for the perfect moment to take your shot.
Moreover, these tripod stands for deer hunting have different weight capacities based on their brand models. But it is tough to select the best as there are hundreds of tripod deer stands in the market. Stability, flexibility, portability, comfort, ease to set up, weight capacity, and others are some of the important factors that you should consider.
We have listed some of the best tripod deer stands after detailed research. Read further for a detailed description of them along with their individual reviews, buying guide, and other relevant information in detail.
Best Tripod Deer Stands – Top 10 Reviews For 2021
|S.N||Product Name||Product Image||Check Price|
|1||BIG GAME Pursuit Tripod|
|2||Rivers Edge 2-Man Outpost Tower|
|3||Landmark LM620 Permanent Blind Tower|
|4||Bolderton Deluxe 10' Tower|
|5||Hughes Company HP-67055 Hunting Tower|
|6||'The Millennium T-100 Tripod|
|7||Guide Gear 13' Deluxe Tripod Deer Stand|
BIG GAME Pursuit Tripod is a great tripod with an incredible construction with steel as its main material. It is 12′ in height to the shooting rail and has a footrest which is 20″ in diameter. With a stand weight of 60 Lbs, it is ideal for hunting deers with ease. The portable design of this Pursuit Tripod allows it to get carried to your favorite hunting location with ease.
The seat of this tripod deer stand is 22 inches wide and is 13 inches deep. It also comes with Flex-Core seat technology, which makes it quite comfortable as it also rotates 360 degrees. The backrest cushion in this tripod deer stand is 8 inches tall by 14 inches wide and 2 inches thick.
Moreover, the padded and stationary shooting rail of this stand is quite an advantage. Besides that, there is rock-solid stability as well. The hunters can transport and store these deer stands easily by folding them together. Overall, BIG GAME Pursuit Tripod is one of the best tripod deer stands available in the market.
- An incredible steel construction.
- Has a footrest of 20″ in diameter.
- Lightweight with stand weight of just 60 Lbs.
- Has a portable design with a foldable option
- Comes with Flex-Core seat technology
- It rotates 360 degrees.
- Has a backrest cushion with a padded and stationary shooting rail.
- Provides rock-solid stability.
- Some users complained about its stability
Rivers Edge 2-Man Outpost Tower is an outstanding tripod deer stand. It has room for 1 or 2 with independent swivels and TearTuff mesh seats. There is an adjustable-height padded shooting rail which comes with an adjustment range of 8″. It remains built with cross-bracing and large steel tubing which provides strength and stability.
There are various ground stakes in this tripod deer stand for bow hunting which provides better control. It also has a Crater Core camouflage curtain so that you remain hidden from your hunt and have a great hunting experience. Hunters can use their gears from command central in the Outpost 2-man Tower.
Moreover, the platform has a dimension of 57.5″ x 57.5″ so that you will have plenty of space. There is also a wide footprint and cross-bracing that provides incredible stability. It has a height to shooting rail of 11′ 3″ maximum, height to the seat of 10′, and height to the platform of 8′ 6″.
Furthermore, it comes with a seat dimension of 18.5″ x 15.5″ and a Ladder stance of 19.5″. It has a footprint of 9′ 9″ x 9′ 9″ and a step distance of 13.5″. It has a weight of 200 lbs and a capacity of 500lbs. The Outpost Tower is one of the best tripod deer stands for hunting.
- Has independent swivels and TearTuff mesh seats.
- Has an adjustable-height padded shooting rail
- Comes with an adjustment range of 8″.
- Built with cross-bracing and large steel tubing
- There are various ground stakes in this tripod stand for better control.
- Has a Crater Core camouflage curtain so that you remain hidden.
- Hunters can use their gears from command central.
- The platform has plenty of space.
- A wide footprint provides incredible stability.
- Heavier than other tripod stands
Landmark LM620 Permanent Blind Tower is an outstanding tripod deer stand. It has an easy entry and exit with a large entry platform. There are handrails on the platform along with a ladder which will allow hunters to get in and out of deer stand with ease.
There are a cross-bracing combine and large steel tubing which provides a strong and stable construction. It has superior threaded ladder rungs for extra grip and prevents hunters from slipping in wet and humid conditions. There are Leg stakes and an anchor system in this tower stand so that it gets locked at your perfect hunting spot.
Moreover, you can use it along with LM600 and LM601 Landmark Permanent Blinds. There is also an elevated position from where you can get optimal viewing. Overall, Landmark LM620 Permanent Blind Tower is a great addition to this list of best tripod deer stands.
- Has an easy entry and exit with a large entry platform.
- There are handrails on the platform along with a ladder for ease of entry and exit.
- There is a cross-bracing combine and large steel tubing
- Provides a strong and stable construction.
- It has superior threaded ladder rungs for extra grip
- Prevents hunters from slipping in wet and humid conditions.
- There are Leg steaks and an anchor system that gets locked.
- An elevated position from where you can get optimal viewing.
- Some users complained about the instruction manual
Bolderton Deluxe 10′ Tower is another great tripod deer stand that does not require any trees. It is ideal for hunting in short cover environments like cornfields. The Bolderton Deluxe Tower comes with incredible features that provide a comfortable hunting experience.
You can use it as a standalone tripod for 10 feet that keeps you away from the scent and sightlines. The Bolderton Burlap Blind is an ideal companion for the tripod deer stand for bow hunting as it hides you well from all your desired hunts. There is maximum stability in this stand due to heavy-duty steel construction and 72″ x 72″ steel mesh foot platform.
Moreover, the 36.5″ x 20″ entry platform of this tripod is powder-coated so that it remains protected from rust and corrosion. It has an easy-access ladder that comes with an anti-slip tread and handrail. There are independently adjustable legs that are ideal for any uneven ground. The Octagon shape of this tripod deer stand helps in hunting.
- It is ideal for hunting in short cover environments like cornfields.
- Incredible features that provide a comfortable hunting experience.
- Keeps you away from the scent and sightlines.
- Maximum stability due to heavy-duty steel construction and steel mesh foot platform.
- The entry platform is powder coated and protected from rust and corrosion.
- Has an easy-access ladder that comes with an anti-slip tread, and handrail.
- There are independently adjustable legs that are ideal for any uneven ground.
- Has an Octagon shape that helps in hunting.
- Some users may find it hard to assemble
Hughes Company HP-67055 Adjustable 5-10′ Hunting Tower is another great deer stand from Hughes Company. It features an adjustable 5′ to 10′ tower with 4 x 4 Box Blinds. The Hughes Box Tower is ideal for permanent ground or elevated blinds.
Moreover, it has a plastic construction that is vacuum formed and allows it to withstand extreme outdoor conditions. Likewise, it is quite easy to set up and assemble and doesn’t require any maintenance or painting. It is 49″ x 49″ wide and 74.5″ tall, and has plenty of room for two people.
Moreover, there are lockable doors, four walls, and assembly hardware. It is lightweight and easy to store and move from one place to another. Overall, Hughes Company HP-67055 Hunting Tower is an outstanding deer stand tower.
- Ideal for permanent ground or elevated blinds.
- It has a vacuum-formed plastic construction
- Can withstand extreme outdoor conditions.
- It is quite easy to set up and assemble
- Doesn’t require any maintenance or painting.
- Has plenty of room for two people.
- There are lockable doors, four walls, and assembly hardware.
- It is lightweight and easy to store and move from one place to another.
- Some users complained about construction
6. The Millennium T-100 Tripod – Overall Best Tripod Stand for Bow and Deer Hunting
The Millennium T-100 Tripod is specially designed by expert hunters. The lightweight tripod exceeds TMA industry standards and is one of the most friendly tripods for hunting. It is quite comfortable and hunter friendly.
The ComfortMAX seat rotates 360 degrees along with the footrest. The turning is fluid and smooth because of the foot stands. The T-100 tripod features an effective eye height of 10-feet. From this height and the functionality of 360-degree rotation, a deer stands no chance.
Moreover, the aluminum construction gets layered with a powder coating that makes it extremely durable. There are also non-sink, no-slip feet, and sure-footed steps that are easy and large enough to climb comfortably. Usually, you can fold them easily, and that makes them quite portable.
Furthermore, the weight capacity of the tripod stand is 300-pounds and measures 20-inches wide and 17-inches deep. The stand itself weighs around 36-pounds. There is an optional 4 ft. extension (T103) if you need it. Overall, the Millennium T-100 Tripod is the best tripod stand for bow and deer hunting.
- The lightweight tripod exceeds TMA industry standards
- Comfortable and hunter friendly
- The ComfortMAX seat rotates 360 degrees along with the footrest
- The turning is fluid and smooth
- T-100 tripod features an effective eye height of 10-feet
- The aluminum construction gets layered with a durable powder coating
- There are also non-sink, no-slip feet and sure-footed steps
- There is an optional 4 ft. extension
- Some users complained about the tripod to be flimsy
- Price slightly on the higher side
7. Guide Gear 13′ Deluxe Tripod Deer Stand – Best Value For Money
The Guide gear 13′ deluxe tripod deer stand is ideal if you want to hunt on the area where trees are scarce. The tripod stand has a height of 13″ inch height that delivers the perfect vantage point for deer hunting.
The tripod stand has a large platform and includes a Trapdoor design that enhances easy entry and exit. It also has a 360 swivel cushioned with a pad that is comfortable and padded 360 swivel seat gives you all-day maximum comfort. The fully welded Heavy-duty steel frame has a weight capacity of 300 lbs and carries you easily all day.
Moreover, it has a 6-position adjustable leg which is perfect for open areas with sparse trees and uneven terrain. There are easy entry and exit in the stand. The downside of the Deluxe Tripod Deer Stand is its heavyweight of 112 lbs which is due to the heavy-duty design in construction.
Furthermore, It also requires a proper time to assemble. Tripod stand is quite suitable for rifle and crossbow, but for compound bow, you can remove the shooting rail. Furthermore, the Deluxe tripod is a bit noisy as it has no camo. The Powder-coated design of the tripod prevents it from rust. Overall, the Guide gear 13′ deluxe tripod deer stand is perfect for hunting in areas where there is a lesser number of trees.
- Ideal if you want to hunt on the area where trees are scarce
- Delivers the perfect vantage point for deer hunting
- The tripod stand has a large platform
- It includes a Trapdoor design that enhances easy entry and exit
- 360 swivel cushioned and padded 360 swivel seats
- Fully welded Heavy-duty steel frame
- It has a 6-position adjustable legs
- Durable Powder-coated design of the tripod
- The heavyweight of 112 lbs and heavy-duty construction
- It also requires a proper time to assemble
- The tripod is a bit noisy as it has no camo
Similar articles you may like:
- 10 Best Hunting Backpacks with Rifle or Bow Holder Reviews
- Best Crossbow For The Money
- Best Tripod Stand for Bow and Deer Hunting
Factors To Consider Before Buying Best Tripod Deer Stand – A Buying Guide
Hunting deers with the bow/gun is a great experience and thus you should check your tripod deer stand for bow hunting. Whether you use a crossbow or compound bow, it requires incredible patience and practice.
Rail or guard provides safety but limits room for comfortable hunting. The armrest, along with the gun/bow holder prevents shoulder fatigue and hence they are essential. There must be a 360-degree rotating view on the best tripod stand for deer hunting which makes it flexible to use.
Portability is another important factor to consider for the best tripod deer stand. The best tripod stand for deer hunting are portable and you can take them anywhere as they can stand on their own without any secondary support.
You can also store them and transport them as they can get broken down easily and are lightweight. Besides that, while hunting for deers, you might need to move you set up quickly, hence, it is essential for tripod deer stands to be portable.
The models that are easier to get in and out are safer than their counterparts. The stability and the weight capacity of these tripod deer stands also contribute to the safety factor, primarily if you hunt alone. You need to consider these factors before purchasing the best tripod deer stand for bow hunting.
Rest for your hunting weapon whether it’s a gun or a bow is essential. Holding your weapon for hours can tire you and ruin your hunting experience. Dedicated padded rests are essential for these tripod deer stands for these factors.
The height of the tripod is essential to give you a good vantage point. The height of 12/13 feet is quite common and hence you should look at that range while buying a tripod deer stand. Some models also offer an extension of up to 15 feet in height.
The best tripod deer stand must have the best seat comfortability for a long duration along with other features. Hunting means that you will need to sit and wait patiently for long hours. Hence, you need to have a comfortable seat to hunt with ease.
The seat in tripod deer stands must have an optimal size, enough padding, and soft material used in their construction. Hence, these are various factors that you should consider to get the best seat in the best tripod stand for deer hunting.
Ease of entry and exit
Comfortable ease of entry and exit is a significant factor that you should consider. Tricky tripod stands that are difficult to get in and out, will hinder your hunting experience. Hence, you should ensure that you select the best ones with comfortable ease of entry and exit.
The weight limit is another significant factor as it determines how much weight can tripod stands carry. The weight capacity of these tripods depends upon the model and manufacturer. You should add the weight of your gear along with your weight and then compare it with the weight capacity of the best tripod deer stand.
The price of tripod deer stands is important as well as it is a long-term investment. Expensive tripod stands do not always mean the best quality. Hence, you should get the best one at a reasonable price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
How to assemble the Tripod Stand?
In fact, you can use a 3′ eye hook sunk in the ground where you want to place the tripod. Similarly, you can also use cables for additional support or use an auger kit on each leg from the base to make it secure.
You can also wire the tripod stand from all corners and then eye hook it into the ground. Finally, screw it to the position and your assembling is complete.
Is the Best Tripod Deer Stand safe for Hunting?
Yes, tripod deer stands are quite safe for hunting. They come with comfortable and stable seats. There is also 360-degree rotation for flexibility and ease of use. You can keep your tripods near trees or strap them on a branch if you want more safety. You can also use seat-belts for safety from falling.
How to Hide the Tripod Stand?
To hide a tripod deer stand, you can use a camo net or blinds and then cover it with leaves and other surrounding objects. This will hide you from deer but will limit your shooting range. You can set it up in the cedar tree, this will keep you hidden, and you can take your shot with ease.
Are the Tripod Stands Safe for Bow and Deer Hunting?
Yes, tripod stands are safe for bow and deer hunting. They are stable and have a comfortable seat with a 360-degree rotation. For maximum safety, you can push your tripods near a group of trees.
You can then strap them on a branch in the tree. Alternatively, you can also use a seat-belt to prevent falling.
How to Anchor the Tripod Stand?
You can use a 3′ eye hook sunk in the center of the stand and tie it with cables for support. If you are still not satisfied, you can also use an auger kit to secure each leg from the bottom of the base.
Alternatively, you can wire the tripod stand from the corners. Then, the eye hooks the stand into the ground. Finally, tie the stand and screw it to secure the position altogether.
How to Hide the Tripod Stand?
You can take a few steps you can take to hide a tripod deer stand and shoot with your bow. For the most part, you can put a camo net around you and brush it in. This will shield you from the deer, but the downside is that it limits your shooting range to just 180 degrees.
You can set up the tripod in the center of a giant cedar tree, this will keep you hidden, and you can take your shot. Alternatively, you can put some artificial leaves on the tripod stand to hide you from the deer.
You may also like:
- Best Rangefinder for Bow Hunting Reviews 2021
- Ozone Generator For Hunting
- Best Scope for Elk Hunting Reviews 2021
Best Tripod Deer Stand – Final Verdict
All tripod deer stands listed above are of incredible quality and you can choose any one of them. However, if I had to choose one I would choose BIG GAME Pursuit Tripod. This tripod has an incredible construction and comes with a 12′ height to the shooting rail.
Moreover, the portable tripod can get transported easily to your favorite hunting location. Flex-Core seat technology allows your seat to rotate 360 degrees and you can wait patiently for your hunt for hours. Overall, BIG GAME Pursuit Tripod is one of the best tripod deer stands available in the market.