Hunting is an exciting sport that brings us closer to our basic instincts of survival. It is more than just getting your kill; it’s a strategic exercise that requires a great deal of practice and patience. It’s not about how hard you strike but about the level of precision that kills your prey.
As a responsible hunter, it is your utmost responsibility to make the kill swift and not let them suffer. For that, you need the right amount of gears in your hunting backpack. A hunting backpack is extremely important because it helps you reach your gears easily and enhances your hunting experience.
Whether you shoot a rifle to kill your prey or believe in the traditional method of bow hunting, your backpack is your best companion. A hunting backpack with gun and bow holder lets you keep your guns and bows safe and comfortable to carry on the wild. As a hunter, you need tons of gears and ample space on your backpack to be able to carry meat after the hunt is over.
There are many hunting backpacks available in the market of different shapes, sizes, and design. However, the essential factor that you must consider is that hunting backpack must come with gun and bow holder. After detailed research, I have listed the five best hunting backpacks with gun and bow holder. Read below for the review of each in detail.
10 Best Hunting Backpacks with Gun And Bow Holder
|Name||Image||Product dimensions (in inches)||Item weight (in pounds)||Storage capacity (in cubic inches)||Price|
|The Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Bag||22 x 14 x 4||4||2700|
|The Tenzing Tz 4000 Hunting Pack||21 x 14 x 7||9.83||4200|
|ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack||16 x 6 x 13||3.3||2700|
|Badlands Diablo Dos Hunting Backpack||24 x 16 x 7.8||4||2100|
|Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Backpack||10.9 x 25 x 7.8||5||2250|
|ALPS OutdoorZ Willow Creek, Realtree Edge||20 x 9 x 3||1.75||1075|
|Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack||15.2 x 20.5 x 7.5||3||1950|
|Tenzing 6000 BackCountry Hunting Pack||28 x 11.5 x 8||9.1||6013|
|Eberlestock Just One Pack||26.2 x 12.7 x 6.7||8.65||4600|
|Tenzing 2220 Daypack With A Bow And Firearm Carry Boot||24 x 15.8 x 15.6||15.2||2400|
1. The Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Bag – Best Overall Backpack
The Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit hunting bag holds plenty of gear and is perfect for a day’s hunting trip. It has a size of 2,700 cubic inches of space which is enough for a day’s or overnight camping trip.
There is a large front pocket, a main pocket, and an organizational front pocket. You also get a quiver for holding guns and bows on the side which you can reach without any hassle. There are other small pockets items, including two conveniently placed pockets on the supportive belt.
Moreover, the “raintree” camouflage design of the backpack blends with the wild environment and looks stylish. There is an individual opening for a hydration bladder that keeps you hydrated all along. The internal aluminium frame provides excellent stability. There is a blaze orange rain fly that will keep your stuff dry.
Furthermore, the backpack is lightweight at just 4 ounces. The material used in the backpack is a mossy oak break-up country fabric that can survive in harsh conditions. There might be some scratches, but the pack will remain unscathed. The padded back and waist belt provide maximum comfort. Overall, The Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit hunting bag is the best overall backpack that provides great value for money.
- Spacious and Provides enough room for all your gears
- Padded back and waist belt gives maximum comfort
- Fits different types of rifles and bows
- Blaze orange rain cover to keeps your gear safe
- “Raintree” camouflage design blends well with the environment
- Individual opening for a hydration bladder
- Internal aluminium frame provides excellent stability
- Lightweight at just 4 ounces
- Mossy oak break-up country fabric material used
- Some users complained about the noisy zippers
- Two hip compartments interfere with natural arm swing while walking
2. The Tenzing Tz 4000 Hunting Pack – Best Backpack with Extra Space for Meat Hauling
The Tenzing TZ 4000 hunting pack is a compact backpack with sufficient carrying space of 2500 cubic inches. There are expanding compartments on the side of the bag that offers an extra 300 cubic inches of space.
In addition to these, there is the central meat compartment of 1400 cubic inches that helps you carry the meat on your way back. The bag has an adjustable torso suspension that makes it unable to carry heavy loads. The internal aluminium frame allows for comfortable carrying. You can also carry heavy loads irrespective of the body size.
Furthermore, there is a fold-out carrying boot that secures your guns, bows, and arrows along with a gun which is perfect for avid hunters. It has an air-cooled back pad that keeps you fresh all day even with such heavy gears. Overall, The Tenzing TZ 4000 hunting pack is the best hunting packs for packing out meat.
- Carrying space of 2500 cubic inches
- Expanding compartments on the side with 300 cubic inches of space
- Central meat compartment of 1400 cubic inches
- An adjustable torso suspension
- Internal aluminium frame allows comfort carrying
- A fold-out carrying boot secures your bow, arrows, and a rifle
- An air-cooled back pad that keeps you fresh all-day
- Heavier than other backpacks on the list
3. ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder Hunting Pack – Best Day Backpack
The ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder is a versatile hunting backpack with gun holder and bow holder. The bag is specially designed by expert hunters keeping in mind all the necessary features required. The fanny pack can carry up to 800 cubic inches of weight.
If you need more space, the Pathfinder can transform from a fanny pack to a daypack by unrolling the daypack inside the fanny. The daypack has 1900 cubic inches of load capacity making the total weight capacity of 2700 cubic inches. There are plenty of pockets and compartments in the Pathfinder including two side pockets, a front pocket, main pocket, and the funny and day pack pocket.
Moreover, you also have a gun and bow carrying and hauling mode, which fits perfectly for any type of guns, rifles, or bows. You can switch to the hauling mode from carrying mode when you catch your prey as you need space for carrying the meat. There are attachable ALPS accessory pockets like the camera pocket, binocular pocket, and turkey call pocket.
Furthermore, the padded waist belt and shoulder harness system helps to distribute the weight making the load lighter than its actual weight. Overall, the ALPS OutdoorZ Pathfinder versatility hunting backpack is the best backpack for a day’s hunting adventure.
- A fanny pack with 800 cubic inches
- A daypack with a carrying capacity of 1900 cubic inches
- The bow carrying mode and a hauling mode
- Extra fabric and straps that create additional space
- Attachable ALPS accessory pockets onto the pack for added compartments
- The padded waist belt and shoulder harness system makes comfortable carrying experience
- The accessory pockets get sold separately
4. Badlands Diablo Dos Hunting Backpack – Best Bow And Rifle Hunting Backpack
The Badlands Diablo Dos Hunting Backpack is one of the best Hunting Backpack with exceptional features. You can find the highest strength-to-weight ratio in comparison to other backpacks on the list.
The specially designed Dupont Durable Water Repellent fabric protector fabric resists blood, dirt, and moisture. The hyper vent suspension system allows fresh air to pass between your back and the backpack and keeps you warm in winters. The internal frame distributes weight pressure and reduces overall shoulder fatigue. There is a Hypalon reinforcement system that prevents wear and tear of the backpack.
Furthermore, the KXO-32 fabric is a durable, quiet, most waterproof material. There is a spectacular lifetime warranty on the backpack. It has a 3-litre Hydration Compatible with 2100 Cubic in of space capacity. The lightweight bag weighs just 4 pounds. The Hypervent Suspension and Multiple rear compression ensure greater comfort.
Overall, the Badlands Diablo Dos Hunting Backpack is the best backpack for bow and rifle hunting.
- Highest strength-to-weight ratio
- Specially designed Dupont Durable Water Repellent fabric protector
- The hyper vent suspension system allows fresh air system
- The internal frame distributes the weight pressure and reduces the overall shoulder fatigue
- Hypalon reinforcement system that prevents wear and tear
- The KXO-32 fabric is a durable, quiet, most waterproof material
- Lifetime warranty on the backpack.
- It has a 3-litre Hydration Compatible
- Lightweight at 4 pounds with 2100 Cubic inch load capacity
- Loud zippers
- Non-adjustable torso length
5. Badlands 2200 Camouflage Hunting Backpack – Backpack With A Lifetime Warranty
The Badlands 2200 camouflage hunting backpack is a premium high-quality backpack that provides maximum space and comfort. The high budget backpack lasts you a lifetime.
This spectacular backpack gets backed up by a lifetime warranty from the manufacturer. The KXO-32 fabric used in the bag is a quiet material that keeps your stealth intact. The camo pattern blends well with the wild environment and looks exceptionally stylish. There are no negatives regarding the quality of the material, storage, and comfort.
Moreover, the size might be a little large for a small-sized person. With 19 inches by 17 inches by 19 inches, the backpack is largest on the range. There are eight pockets with a total of 2250 cubic inches carrying capacity. The internal T-6 aircraft aluminium frame distributes the weight on the pack providing with maximum comfort.
Furthermore, the batwing design gives you added comfort and reduces the strain of a heavyweight. The KXO-32 fabric provides incredible strength and durability and waterproof. The pack can hold up to a 2-litre water reservoir. Overall, the Badlands 2200 camouflage hunting backpack is a backpack with incredible build quality and a lifetime warranty.
- Carrying capacity of 2250 cubic inches
- The T-6 aircraft aluminium frame
- The KXO-32 fabric assures strength, durability, and waterproof
- Compatible with a bow, rifle and a pistol holder
- The pack can hold up to a 2-litre water reservoir
- The bow or rifle boot get sold separately
6. ALPS OutdoorZ Willow Creek, Realtree Edge – Ultimate Hydration Backpack
The ALPS Outdoorz Willow Creek is another great backpack with the ultimate hydration functionality. There are three liter bladder along with an insulated hose that never lets you feel dehydrated.
The main pocket and two front pockets provide 1075 cubic inches of space that is enough to maintain all your hunting gears. There is a unique kangaroo pocket on the front where you can stuff extra gears or jackets in case you feel cold in the wild. The side compression straps on this pocket enables you to tighten or loosen the pocket based on the amount of gear you seek to carry.
Furthermore, you can also store your bow and rifle and the front attachment pockets. The padded shoulder straps keeps you comfortable even after a long day of hunting. These straps also come with sternum strap. Overall, the ALPS Outdoorz Willow Creek is an excellent hunting backpack with gun holders, bow carriers, and great hydration system.
- The ultimate hydration functionality
- Three liter bladder along with an insulated hose
- The main pocket and two front pockets provide 1075 cubic inches of space
- A unique kangaroo pocket on the front where you can stuff extra gears
- The side compression straps on this pocket enables you to tighten or loosen the pocket
- The padded shoulder straps keeps you comfortable
- Straps also come with sternum strap
- Smaller than the other backpacks in the list
7. Badlands Superday Hunting Backpack – Ultimate Hunting Day Pack
The Superday hunting backpack has Convenient pocket placement which are extremely easy to reach while hunting. The backpack has a built-in rifle boot, a bow boot, two side pistol holders. If you find these not enough then there are 5 compression straps for easy gear attachment.
The backpack is also compatible with 2-liter hydration systems. However, you will need to buy the bow boot separately. There is a ThermoMold Suspension system that utilizes molded foam to provide contour. You can shift your load with load lifter straps that transfer weight from your shoulders to your hips.
Furthermore, the concealment technology is groundbreaking featuring a darker color palette. There is a lifetime warranty on the product with replacement options. The 3 lbs and 15 oz backpack has a dimension of 21 x 16 x 11 inches. The main compartment has a volume of 1440 cubic inches and the total volume is 1950 cubic inches.
Overall, the Superday hunting backpack has ample space for all your hunting gears and gives a great hunting experience.
- Convenient pocket placement
- Built-in rifle boot, a bow boot, two side pistol holders
- 5 compression straps for easy gear attachment
- 2-liter hydration systems
- A ThermoMold Suspension system that utilizes molded foam to provide contour
- Load lifter straps that transfer weight from your shoulders to your hips
- The concealment technology is groundbreaking featuring a darker color palette
- Lifetime warranty on the product with replacement options
- You will need to buy the bow boot separately
8. Tenzing 6000 BackCountry Hunting Pack – Best Backpack For Maximum Storage
The Tenzing TZ 6000 backcountry hunting pack is bigger, stronger and one of the best long-range hunting gears. There are 4,400 cubic inches of storage that can be further expanded into 6,013 cubic inches all just under a light weight of 8 lbs. There are 12 compartments and pockets including a large expandable meat pocket that helps to carry your kill after a long hunt.
The Fully Adjustable Torso Suspension makes your backpack comfortable at all times. There are two Rigid Internal Aluminum Frame that distributes the weight evenly. The Padded Hip Support and Channeled, Air-Cooled Back Pad keeps you cooler during a long day of hunting. The foldout bow and gun carrying boot is the most important aspects of the backpack.
Furthermore, the 3 litre hydration system is a winner. There are a total of 20 Compartments And Pockets in the backpack with 2 Expanding Side Compartments. The 5 Lateral Compression Straps and 2 Lower Compression Straps can attach any extra gear you find important. Overall, the Tenzing TZ 6000 backcountry hunting pack is one of the largest backpacks available in the market.
- 4,400 cubic inches of storage, expandable into 6,013 cubic inches
- There are 12 compartments and pockets
- A large expandable meat pocket that helps to carry your kill
- Fully Adjustable Torso Suspension
- There are two Rigid Internal Aluminum Frame that distributes the weight evenly
- Padded Hip Support
- Channeled, Air-Cooled Back Pad keeps you cooler during a long day of hunting
- Foldout bow and gun carrying boot
- 3 litre hydration system is a winner
- 5 Lateral Compression Straps and 2 Lower Compression Straps
- Some users complained about the build quality
9. Eberlestock Just One Pack – Best Versatile Backpack
The Eberlestock Just One Pack backpack is extremely versatile and the patented features of eberlestock make it unique. The backpack is ultra-compact at 2300 cubic inches, it further expands to 4600 with its built-in Cam Expansion system.
The backpack features a built in rifle scabbard Cam Expansion. The vertically adjustable torso length has a streamlined shape and provides optimum comfort There are waterproof zippers that keep your gear safe. The deep “3D” ventilated padding provides maximum comfort. A high-visibility interior, scabbard drainage and cleanout access, and other variety of features in this backpack.
Furthermore, you can mount accessories with the help of Strategically placed Padlock Webbing (MOLLE). The Dimensions of the backpack is around 25″ x 11″ x 6″ when compressed and the scabbard dimensions is 34″ x 7″ x 3″, with a 20″ circumference opening. Overall, the Eberlestock Just One Pack backpack is a unique and stylish backpack with versatile functionalities.
- Extremely versatile with unique patented features of eberlestock
- The backpack is ultra-compact at 2300 cubic inches
- Expands to 4600 with its built-in Cam Expansion system
- A built in rifle scabbard Cam Expansion.
- The vertically adjustable torso length has a streamlined shape
- Deep “3D” ventilated padding
- A high-visibility interior
- Scabbard drainage and cleanout access
- Strategically placed Padlock Webbing (MOLLE)
- Some users complained about a big gun not fitting
10. Tenzing 2220 Daypack With A Bow And Firearm Carry Boot – Backpack With Best Build Quality
The Tenzing 2220 Daypack with a bow Firearm Carry Boot is one of the dependable backpacks around the market. The backpacks provide 2,400 cubic inches of space and you can reach every corner easily and without any hassle.
The backpack gets made with premium materials and has a quick access and simplified organization provide maximum comfort. You can carry a bow or a gun in the fold-out boot and also load additional gear with webbing straps present. The backpack uses a Robic rip-stop fabric which is 50% stronger than nylon fabrics with 2.5x the tear strength.
Furthermore, these features comes handy in a high-stress and high-abrasion situations. There are air mesh suspension, back panel and waist belt that provides greater breathability and comfort. Overall, the The Tenzing 2220 Daypack with a bow Firearm Carry Boot is one of the most impressively built hunting backpacks in the market.
- Has a bow Firearm Carry Boot
- The backpacks provide 2,400 cubic inches of space
- Made with premium materials
- A quick access and simplified organization provide maximum comfort.
- You can load additional gear with webbing straps present
- Robic rip-stop fabric which is 50% stronger than nylon fabrics with 2.5x the tear strength
- Perfect for high-stress and high-abrasion situations
- Padded air mesh suspension, back panel and waist belt that provides greater breathability and comfort
- Some users complained about not having enough pockets
Buying Guide for the Best Hunting Backpack with Gun And Bow Holder
Buying a good hunting backpack with gun and bow holder is a tough task. You must consider various factors before buying a good backpack. I have listed some of the essential factors that you need to consider before purchasing the best hunting backpack with gun holder and bow holder.
Hunting backpacks are of various kinds. Firstly, there are single day packs that are smaller, compact and easy to carry. They generally come with 3,000 cubic inches of interior space that is perfect for a day of exciting hunting experience.
If you seek some multi-day hunting adventure, then need a large, multi-day backpack is your best option. They generally have a 4,500 cubic inches – 7,000 cubic inches perfect for a multi-day experience in the backcountry.
You will need to maintain a perfect balance as you want a large enough backpack for enough gear while having the comfort of carrying all day. These backpacks also have convenient straps to hang them on a tree branch while hunting.
The size of your backpack can make the journey rewarding because you need to fit in the most gears you can carry, and it must suit your body type.
You might also make sure the bag is fit your frame and is comfortable and light so that you can save your energy. Also, ensure that the backpack fits the length of your torso for maximum comfort.
The design of the backpack is another factor to consider. There are generally two types of frame, namely, internal and external structure. The outer frame provides an added support if you carry your catch.
The feature of fresh air to flow between your back and the backpack is another excellent factor of an external frame. On the downside, these frames are a little unstable and therefore not suitable in all conditions.
The internal frames provide great comfort and compactness. The framework gives form to your body giving more stability. However, this frame cannot support the heavyweights of meat or gear. There are Additional straps that keep your equipment firmly in place.
You must get the waterproof hunting backpacks. The quality of the material is extremely important as it determines if the backpack is durable or not.
A water-resistant ability will protect you from unexpected downpours in the wild. Many manufacturers use a combination of materials like Hypalon and Aramid that ensure excellent build quality and heavyweight capacity. Therefore, the material of the backpack is quite essential.
Meat hauling pockets
If you are an avid hunter chances are you’ll be carrying a massive load of meat on your way back. Therefore what you need is an extra spacious hunting backpack with dedicated meat hauling pockets.
These pockets provide proper aeration, so your meat doesn’t decay. Some backpacks increase their space when unfolded and you can carry as much meat you want on your bag.
The backpacks must not have any discomfort while carrying for a long duration. Daypacks are the best for shorter trips whereas with features such as compression straps and waist belts that help to distribute the weight of the backpack.
You must also look for padding on the back, shoulder straps, and waist belt for added comfort levels of the backpack. Some high-end bags also offer compression straps. The compression straps push the load higher and ease the burden of the weight.
A backpack with an excellent warranty ensures a higher quality than the rest. The bags with shorter warranty have questionable construction. Some manufacturers also offer lifetime or unlimited warranties along with replacement or refund facility.
These backpacks do not get damaged easily and will serve you long. Hence, you should always seek out for an excellent warranty on a backpack.
The Final Verdict
It is quite a challenging task to find the best hunting backpacks with gun and bow holder. There are hundreds of backpacks on the market that promise great features and functionality. After an in-depth research, I have narrowed down the best five hunting backpacks with gun and bow holder.
Among those five if I had to pick one, I would choose the Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit Hunting Pack. The large-sized bag is perfect for a day or overnight camping trip. There is a large front pocket, a main pocket, and an organizational front pocket. You also get a quiver for holding guns and bows on the side which you can reach without any hassle. The backpack is perfect for hunting all kinds of prey including a deer, duck, elk.
The “raintree” camouflage design is stylish and easily with the environment. It is also extremely stable because of the internal aluminium frame. A mossy oak break-up country fabric material can survive in harsh conditions. The padded back and waist belt provide maximum comfort. Overall, the Alps OutdoorZ Pursuit hunting bag gives avid hunters everything they need at a reasonable price.